Wednesday, February 17, 2010

How many licks does it take?




So, Marley seems to have a fetish with licking...and let's just say, I'm not a fan!! I don't know many people that just loved to be licked, anyway, but it's really not my cup of tea. She licks you after she hasn't seen you in a while, she licks you after you take a shower, she licks dirty clothes, she licks the floor...she just likes to lick! I really want to make her stop! But before I do, dog trainers reccomend realizing why she does this. The first and most obvious reason why dogs lick is because that is their way of showing affection. She loves me!:) Many puppies learn this from their mother. Mother dog's lick their young. I know that she means well, but I'd like to learn how to fix it. I need to be more dominating with her and simply tell her to stop in a forceful way. If anyone has anymore thoughts on this. Let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment