Thursday, January 21, 2010

Much more than a pet...








Ever since the first day that I met Marley, she has been attached to me. Wherever I go, she goes. My friends used to joke that I should enter an obstacle course at a dog show. She would definitely win if she was following me! It's true, though. Whenever I leave my apartment, she immediately runs to the window to see where I am going. She is also very protective of me. Of course her bark is bigger than her bite, but she means well. If we are on a walk and see a stranger, she immediately starts to bark. I have to admit, I'm not sure how much she can actually protect me, but it's nice that she cares enough to try. Kinda cheesy, I know....but it's true. Dogs are so much more than just pets. They are comforting, loving, and very loyal. Last night it stormed here. I could hear the storm inside as if I was out in it. The clanging thunder and crashing lightning startled me when I first heard it. Marley was in her normal spot under my bed while the rain poured down outside. The storm caused the lights to flicker and as soon as they came back on, Marley jumped upon my bed where I was. I will admit, I'm not a fan of storms and that little sign of affection, meant a lot. We both just sat there and watched television. Her comfort helped keep my mind off the storm. It is nice to have that comfort to count on.







No comments:

Post a Comment