Thursday, April 29, 2010

New Doors....


So the metaphor..."Opening up of new doors" can be applied to Marley and me. Like I've said before, I've never really been much of a pet person before I met Marley. I fell in love with that puppy and didn't think twice about keeping her. That was door number one. Then once I got comfortable with her, I became more comfortable with other pets...like cats. Now, I don't have one and don't plan on getting one, but I can now go to my friends' houses and not act so awkward around their pet cats. I will actually pet them and socialize with them instead of keeping my distance as if they had some sort of a disease. Marley has done this for me....She has opened my mind. I would say that I am a little more laid back than I once was. Now, I said a little...I won't push it too much! The term "door" also means something else to me. I mentioned in my last post that she always greets me at the door...I can't explain how good that is for the soul. Sometimes, yes, I just want her to leave me alone, but sometimes after a bad day, it's nice to have at least one thing in your life that actually wants you and I can honestly say Marley is that constant thing. She is always at my door...

No comments:

Post a Comment